Friday, October 28, 2011

Off Subject for a Good Cause

Dear Friends and Readers,

I am going to get off of the subject for someone who I believe truely needs our help.  Please read the following:

Message sent out by Mr. Kickaefer via Facebook – “Folks, I’m not gonna lie.  As of Friday, we’re going to be about $15,000 behind and late in our payments to the American High School Theatre Festival.  We really need your help.  If all of my Facebook friends (and their friends) could send $10, $5 or even $1 to Highland Park Theatre, 2424 SE California Ave. 66604, we could make our ultimate goal of $100,000! Please, please help if you can!

AHSTF has selected 51 out of thousands of nominations across North America to attend and perform at the Edinburgh Arts festival, arguably the most prestigious arts festival in the world.  This is an achievement for not just Topeka, as this is the first time a school from Topeka has been chose, but for KS because this is only the second time a school in KS has been chosen despite numerous nominations.”

I know this is an legitimate plea.  Mr. Kickaefer was our Stage Craft teacher at Topeka High School.  He is such a dedicated and passionate instructor that he is difficult to forget.  He has never asked for help from his former students before, and I know he wouldn’t unless he truly thought we could make a difference in the lives of his students.  Which I might add, Highland Park is a school that is desperate for help and often forgotten by the rest of the town.  Why not show these kids that they count too and Topeka as a whole is proud to send them to this festival and possibly give them a chance for so much more in life. 

Please consider helping.  I am going to send what I can, I hope you do too.
Highland Park Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment