Friday, April 20, 2012

I Gots Chubby Stubbies

Lately I have had this concern.  What if I don’t lose weight evenly all over my body?  The area I am most concerned about are my calves.  As my pants size has gone down, I have noticed a tightness in my pants legs around my calves that I have never noticed before.  I figure with the exercising I have been doing, primarily running, I have been bulking up under my chub.  Plus when you think that my legs have been carrying around 265 pounds for so long, they probably were already pretty strong.  I want to keep training for the 5K coming up, but I am concerned that I might have big-ass hulk legs forever. 
My concern is that if I ever manage to get this thin, I will have legs that look like this.
That’s it, I am going to do some research.  (Picture a fabulous web searching montage, pen in my mouth while typing furiously, quickly write down a tidbit, then back to typing.  All the while with jazzy Henry Mancini music playing) Well, everything I read says that if I keep at it I will eventually lose the weight all over.  I just need to change up my routine and focus on a few key areas.  Here are some tips I found that I am going to give a try.

Reduce the running, try a brisk walk instead.

Drink more water but not more than 8 oz. a day (to prevent water retention)

Skip the weights, squats, and lunges that build massive muscle.

Focus on building lean muscle by trying yoga, Pilates, isometric training, etc.

Most importantly eat healthy.  I have been cheating more on the diet lately.  My thinking is that I am going to be working out and burning it off so that means I can have a treat.  In reality I have been stuck maintaining the same weight, give or take three pounds, for about a month and a half.  This is not what I have had in mind.  Gotta get serious again.  Time to reboot the diet. 
I must consult the Guru, the Weight Saint himself. 

2 comments:

  1. I understand where you are coming from Martha... I don't lose weight evenly either... I lose weight first in my face than my tummy, the last place is my butt and thighs. I have lost nearly 40 pounds since the new year and I have yet to incorporate exercise.. I just need to get off my butt... lol. I have learned to love my curves, I just want them a little smaller... :) Okay... a lot smaller:D

    ReplyDelete