Sunday, June 22, 2014

And Just Like That, It's Gone.

Two weeks.

I made it two weeks.  Lost 12 pounds.  It was awesome, I was proud of my self.  I was doing it.

And then this


Why?  The easiest answer is that I lost control.  I had missed breakfast one morning because of a change in my schedule.  Ended up eating my oatmeal for lunch, by the time dinner came around I was so hungry I couldn't stand it.  The Wunder Hubs and I decided to go out to eat and treat ourselves.  We ordered food, instead of a salad or grilled chicken and veggies, I went for the chicken tenders. And what the hey, we ordered fried pickles too.  It was glorious, I ate until I couldn't stand it any more.  I was so disappointed in myself, then the next day came.  I had lost my drive, I did OK, but not great.  I stopped tracking my progress in MyFitnessPal and stopped trying.  Thankfully Wunder Hubs has maintained and is keeping up his progress, I am very proud of him.

I find I tell myself that "Once we get the house, we will have the treadmill and a tighter budget. That will help me stay on track" Yeah right Martie, that will work.  Who knows, that might just be the change I need to get set on the right path again.   I hope so.


3 comments:

  1. It's not gone Martha... it's not an easy thing to do, losing weight. If it was everybody would be able to do it just like that. Even though it has been a year for me, I have hit a bump too... I call it a bump because I refuse to go back to where I was for any length of time, I want to remain healthy and I cannot do that with an added 80+ pounds...

    I know you can back on this Martha and in no way do I think it is easy... I think it takes falling off and getting back on many times but the rewards are great when we keep trying and never give up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my own experience, whenever I've tried too hard to lose, I don't keep it off. It took slow augmentations in lifestyle that I knew I could live with permanently. That's why I hate the word "diet". I prefer "lifestyle change". I lost 5 lbs a month for 6 continuous months, and then I just maintained from there since I had two pregnancies after that. Soon, I would like to get back on the train and loose another 30, but if I don't that's okay, too. But for me, I feel more sluggish when I've been heavier. But also, there is no shame in rewarding yourself. I have read many times that it is fine to splurge on one meal a week. Or even one meal every two weeks. Just plan to do it, rather than feeling like you're now off the diet because you splurged. No guilt. Plan it. My time was dinner every Sunday. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to everyone. The fact is, you did lose weight and you know you can do it. It's ok to slip once in a while, as long as you don't go back to eating badly all the time. My personal theory is, sometimes you do have to have those 'forbidden' foods or you WILL completely stop because of feeling deprived, or missing out, or whatever. Once in a while is ok. All the time isn't. Don't beat yourself up, get back on track, and keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete