Monday, February 1, 2016

Slipping



One thing that I really love about keeping this blog is that it helps me to see the patterns I seem to have in dieting. I start to do well, see some results, get comfortable and then I slip back into bad habits. Since the beginning of this year I have done very well, until last week. Last week I struggled and lost daily. Each time I told myself that I would get back with it "tomorrow". And each tomorrow turned out to be a failure as well.  Now, I'm not full-on super sized meal deal failing, but I am slipping a little bit each day. I have started having sodas again which I had completely eliminated. I find myself justifying late night snacks. And I am allowing myself to buy things like three cookies. When I buy the cookies I intend to eat one a day as a snack. But without fail I eat all three in one day. I have to be stronger if I want to get past this stage of teetering and push into a solid healthier lifestyle. The Wunder Hubs has been doing fantastically and seems to be shrinking daily. I know men loose weight faster than women generally but I also know he has been a lot better about watching what he puts in his body.  I need to be like him. I also need to get back on the treadmill, I haven't for weeks and I feel it.  So far today has been a good day, I am way under my calorie count and I plan on staying that way. We will see how it goes.

Today's theme song is Missy Elliott's Lose Control 





3 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 you girl! You're beautiful and you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, we all slip up from time to time, I am in the process of slipping up too... it's been a rough couple of months after injuring my leg in November.

    I'm not giving up and I know that you can turn it around. We both know what success feels like, it's hard work but extremely worth it.

    I'm happy to see you writing more, I know this can help on your journey to becoming healthier. Being honest is the best way to succeed xox

    ReplyDelete