Today I thought I would make this a little more fun. (Everyone seems worried about me, I’m fine!) So I decided to share an info graphic. My husband and I are both overweight. We accept each other for who we are and put no demands on each other to look a certain way. Yes, we do care about each other’s health and would like us both to be thin and active, but we love each other just the way we are. That being said, we also both have an odd sense of humor which is probably one of the reasons we work so well together. In our five years together, we have developed names for our fatty bits. Some you have heard before, others are unique as we made them up. Please enjoy.
1. Phat Head – When you are overweight, it is surprising at times that EVERYTHING on your body is overweight. Notice how our friend, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, cannot wear a normal hat. Oh, he may try, but as you can see it can only stay on his head tilted and clinging for life. Any movement and that little puppy is gone with the wind.
2. The Gobbler – Genetics were not kind to me and I have inherited what we call the gobbler. The Gobbler is a large sac of fat that settles itself around the neck. It looks like an inflated turtle neck sweater. It is miserable and if I was disgustingly wealthy I would have it removed immediately. Even if I were thin, I am certain I would have a small double chin.
3. Pudgy Snasauge Fingers – As stated in the first point, EVERYTHING is overweight. That means you can give up buying normal jewelry, rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. all need to be a special size. And it is heart wrenching to see the same jewelry dangle and fall off a normally sized person.
4. Bye-Bye – I wish I could claim this but alas I cannot, a friend in high school created the name and it stuck with me. We call the dangly fat under our arms “bye-bye’s” because if you wave at someone the fat will wave too.
5. Woot/Moot – This one is gender specific. Woot for female, Moot for male. This term came from an accidental slip of the lounge and it stayed with us. One day my beloved and I were horsing around when I pinned him down in his chair. He declared “GET OFF MY MAN MOOT!” We both laughed so hard and decided that *oot was a good name for that part of the body.
6. Thigh-Bye – A clever play off of Bye-Bye. For the same basic reasons.
7. Jankles – This is what I call my janky ankles after a day of walking on them, especially after a day in heels.
8. Phat Foots – As stated previously, EVERYTHING is overweight. Good luck finding shoes that fit, especially if you are lucky like me and already have wide feet.
I hope you enjoyed the info graphic, I was thinking about it all day. Weight loss isn’t a bad thing, it’s a very good thing! And having a sense of humor about it makes it that much more doable. Have fun with me everyone! J